All potential PADI Assistant Instructor candidates must:
- be a PADI Divemaster, or leadership-level training from another training organisation;
- be at least 18 years old;
- have at least 60 logged dives, including documented experience in night diving, deep diving and underwater navigation;
- have been qualified as a diver for at least 6 months;
- present medical clearence stating dive-fitness, signe by a pysician within the last 12 months;
- possess valid (within 24 months) certification in Emergency First Response or a comparable first aid and secondary care qualification.